Thursday, August 15, 2013

Despicable Me Minion Cake

My very own minion fondant cake of Despicable me 2.

I finished him at 3.27am while kids were fast asleep.

I baked chocolate sponge cakes. Once cooled, I wrapped them and placed
them in the fridge.

 I made buttercream using milo granules instead of cocoa.

This was my crumb coat. Every time I bake a cake, I learn something new.
It can get a bit overwhelming. Thank Goodness I enjoy it so much!

 This was my second coat of icing and I decided to make it without the milo.

I like the hair bit.I think this minion is called Dave...not sure..

By the time I got to the specs, I had no silver and was too tired to think straight .
I mixed the yellow and black food gel paste and this was the colour that came out.

This cake was for a little 3 year old boy. I hope he liked it and felt very Special .

No comments:

Post a Comment